Friday, August 12, 2016

Friday Fun

Happy Friday Everyone!

Instead of revealing a cover today, I wanted to instead share a few fun things that have been going on in both my reading world and my personal one:) I'm going to do kind of a mashup between Christina's Friday Five and Kim's Sunday Post, so thank you to both of them for the ideas!

WHAT I'M WATCHING


The Olympics! Of course. I look forward to watching every day, appreciating all the athleticism I myself will never possess. I love the big events like gymnastics and swimming, but given I grew up on the competitive equestrian circuit, the showjumping events are what I most look forward to. Those start on Sunday I believe and you can bet I'll be sprawled on my couch avidly watching.


So. My husband and I got Netflix about 3 months ago and we have been binge-watching all 10 seasons of Supernatural ever since. We're about halfway through the final season (on Netflix anyway, I think the show is on season 11? 12?), and Sam and Dean have yet to get old for me. I liked the earlier seasons where we got more of the individual ghost/monster/paranormal creepiness episodes a bit better than the epic demon vs. angel showdown of the later seasons, but overall definitely a winner!

JUST FINISHED



My attempt to keep my laughter silent while reading this shook the bed so hard I actually woke my husband up. Oops. Tessa Dare's books always have her trademark humor, but Charlotte's book was for me her most delightful yet. Historical romance lovers, add this to your lists immediately! My full review will be up in a couple weeks.

CURRENTLY READING



I'm on a historical romance kick as you can see, and so far I'm really enjoying this one. I adored the first book, How the Duke Was Won, so I jumped on this as soon as I saw it come up for review. I'm only a few chapters in, but there's already so much great chemistry between these two, and the synopsis promises a fun romp through Ireland, so I have little doubt it's going to end as strong as it's started.

UP NEXT



It's been a little while since I've read a YA mystery/thriller so I'm looking forward to this! What do we think?:
A weekend retreat in the woods and an innocent game of three truths and a lie go horribly wrong in this high-octane psychological thriller filled with romantic suspense by a Lambda Award–winning author.

Deep in the forest, four friends gather for a weekend of fun.

Truth #1: Rob is thrilled about the weekend trip. It’s the perfect time for him to break out of his shell…to be the person he really, really wants to be.

Truth #2: Liam, Rob’s boyfriend, is nothing short of perfect. He’s everything Rob could have wanted. They’re perfect together. Perfect.

Truth #3: Mia has been Liam’s best friend for years…long before Rob came along. They get each other in a way Rob could never, will never, understand.

Truth #4: Galen, Mia’s boyfriend, is sweet, handsome, and incredibly charming. He’s the definition of a Golden Boy…even with the secrets up his sleeve.

One of these truths is a lie…and not everyone will live to find out which one it is.

DOGGIE LIFE

Life with the girls has been really good lately, the adjustment after adding Mya to our family starting to smooth out and she's finally starting to really settle in. The past four months have been really challenging given Mya's abusive past and subsequent trust/fear issues (more a result of our inexperience with such issues than anything else), and there were more than a few times when we felt way out of our depth. I've done a ton of research on fear behaviors though, and have been working hard to build her confidence when she starts to struggle. She's an amazing dog though, and we're so proud of how far she's come! She and Gracie are getting along as beautifully as they have since the moment they met, and they make me smile every single day:)



Hope you guys have wonderful weekends!

17 comments:

  1. I hear ya, I like those monster eps better too

    ReplyDelete
  2. THe girls are so cute together there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TESSA DARE AND LENORA BELL AND THE DOGGIES! All of these things make me happy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking about starting Supernatural. I saw it on Netflix as well. I might have to check it out! I am glad you are enjoying it. I have been all about the Olympics as well. I love the watch swimming! I'm so happy things are going well with your dogs. The pictures are too cute. Also, I have only read one historical romance (shocking, I know!), but I like the sound of these. I look forward to your review! Happy Friday and thanks for the shoutout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love watching the Olympics exactly for that reason, Jenny, though this year it has gotten a bit hard with so many things left to do before I leave next Friday.
    OMG wasn't Do You Want to Start a Scandal the funniest? That aubergine and peach scene cracked me up so much. :)
    I'm also reading If Only I Had a Duke and I'm so loving it. Lenora Bell is fast becoming one of my favorite HR authors. That chemistry is definitely on fire.
    And awww! I'm so happy to hear both your dogs are doing so beautifully, especially Mya.
    Thanks for the updates, Jenny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh I love this feature, Jenny! A very detailed account of what you've been up to lately. I watched the 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice last night because: Darcy. Hehehe. Admittedly, I haven't been paying attention to the Olympics. Canada just won first gold! Woot.

    Have a great weekend, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post, Jenny! I'm also watching the Olympics like crazy, though swimming is my favorite to watch. I'm so excited to see what you think of Dare and Bell's upcoming books--I can't wait for those historical romances to release!! ;) I also ADORE your dogs and am so glad you're enjoying with them! I need to get a dog soon! Wonderful post, dear, and I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for puppy love and for Supernatural! Two of my favorite things. ;)
    The earlier Sup was better with the more of the monster hunting and not so much of the whole angel and demon stuff but thankfully season 11 goes into that a bit more. Season 12 starts this fall and I can't not wait! I really hope it won't be the last season but it might be. ;(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post Jenny^^ I ADORE Supernatural! I agree, the first 5 seasons were the best but I never got sick of them after that either. Season 12 will be starting this Fall and honestly, they can go on for 12 more and I'll still tune in :D

    Thanks for sharing some puppy news too - I'm glad the two of them bonded so quickly and I know that with time and love Mya will adjust. One of our kitties is a rescue and she still is a scaredy cat at times...we've had her for 9 years now and we never knew what happened to her. She used to be terrified of bells, strange noises, bags and us. She's a million times better now but it's awful how it can affect them. Lots of love cures all though ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear, those puppy pics have made my daaay!! *hugs to you and the girls*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh.... I missed the post when you adopted Mya. I am so happy you have a complete family again. Your dogs are adorable, and I love that you are taking the time to rehabilitate Mya. That is so awesome. Have a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGAH! I love those puppy pics! So sweet! If you have a good agility facility you could try some of that. I've seen dogs gain more confidence with agility training.

    I haven't been watching the olympics b/c I've been so upset with the IOC. However, I saw a sweet story about a girl who didn't go on with her equestrian event b/c her horse had been sick and she felt he was "off" that day. I love that she thought of her horse over the competition and metal.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this post idea!

    Oh my god, love your puppies! I'm a huge bull breed and bull mix fan, even though they don't fit my lifestyle. Those girls are gorgeous. I have a dachshund, an aussie, and a Mastiff, so nice to see another book blogger with some furry friends that aren't cats. :p

    I really need to try Supernatural. Everyone loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That last picture of your dogs is super cute. Awwwww. I have been watching Rio on and off the last week. But loving the swimming and diving that happening at the mo. Plus third in the table, how awesome is that!!! I'm a newbie to Supernatural I've got to the middle of Season 2 at the mo thats only because I watching other things like - Lois and Clark, The Originals, Shades of Blue, Containment, Agent Carter and the list really does go on. Haha. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't been watching much of the Olympics this year. Part of it is because the announcements of the results are already posted before the event gets aired. I actually have been doing a Gilmore Girls re-watch so I'll be ready in November for the big reunion. I will definitely add the historical romances you got on here to my tbr. I'm also on a historical romance kick.

    p.s. The last two pictures of the girlies is my favorite. SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute puppy pics!

    I've been watching Supernatural since the beginning and I agree with everything you said; I love the monster-of-the-week episodes more than the Big Bad Evil that lasts all season (they do funny episodes better than almost any other series). My only other complaint is that they have a bad habit of killing off characters, but this is one of my top three favorite shows. To Christina, definitely start watching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Jenny! I was on hiatus since May, so I missed a lot of your posts. It’s been a while since you posted this.

    I’m so sorry to hear about Mia’s struggles, but I’m sure with your love and support she overcame her trust/fear issues. These photos are so cute.

    I’ve heard so much about Supernatural, I definitely need to see it for myself.

    ReplyDelete