Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: By Your Side

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine and is a fun way to see what books other bloggers just can't wait to get their hands on!


Kasie West
Contemporary YA
Releases February 2017 from HarperTeen

From Goodreads:)

When Autumn Collins finds herself accidentally locked in the library for an entire weekend, she doesn’t think things could get any worse. But that’s before she realizes that Dax Miller is locked in with her. Autumn doesn’t know much about Dax except that he’s trouble. Between the rumors about the fight he was in (and that brief stint in juvie that followed it) and his reputation as a loner, he’s not exactly the ideal person to be stuck with. Still, she just keeps reminding herself that it is only a matter of time before Jeff, her almost-boyfriend, realizes he left her in the library and comes to rescue her.

Only he doesn’t come. No one does.

Instead it becomes clear that Autumn is going to have to spend the next couple of days living off vending-machine food and making conversation with a boy who clearly wants nothing to do with her. Except there is more to Dax than meets the eye. As he and Autumn first grudgingly, and then not so grudgingly, open up to each other, Autumn is struck by their surprising connection. But can their feelings for each other survive once the weekend is over and Autumn’s old life, and old love interest, threaten to pull her from Dax’s side?


Kasie West! Her contemporary books always make me smile, and the setup for this one has me especially excited. Sort of a mini Breakfast Club-style feel. I love a relationship that starts with a whole lot of antagonism before turning into something more, and it seems like Autumn and Dax are going to have to wade through quite a few differences before that surprising connection forms, which means this has earned itself a place at the top of my must-have 2017 list:)

19 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun read, Jenny. I'm wondering how two teens end up locked in a library though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I really love the sound of this one! West isn't an author who usually works for me but I'm excited to give this one a try. Great pick, Jenny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it sounds like a nice one there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pick! Think I just saw this one some blogs back! Hope you love it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had added this one to my list (and even preordered it) without really knowing what it was about because KASIE WEST! But now that I've read the summary I'm even more excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. West books are always on my list too Jenny, I just love her work and I'm so excited about this one, plus, I love that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sometimes struggle with her books, and sometimes they work like a charm. I guess it depends on my mood. I have a really good feeling about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yaaasss! I can't wait to read this book! So far I'm six for six, this will be #7. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it, Jenny!

    Have a wonderful day. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book is new to me. Thanks for sharing!

    Happy Reading! <a href="http://paulettespapers.com/?p=11227”>Dani @ Paulette’s Papers</a>

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAS! I just finished my first contemporary Kasie West and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have to go back and catch up with her other titles in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Been seeing this a lot today. I can't wait to read this!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think I've read a book by her yet. I so need to read at least one (I suspect it will be more after 1). Hope you are doing well, I haven't seen you around much and I hope it is all good things!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just added this! How did I not know about this book??? I love Kasie West, I need this!

    Nereyda│ Nick & Nereyda’s Infinite Booklist

    ReplyDelete
  14. Apparently I had it on my TBR already, dont even remember adding it...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pick, Jenny! Her books are always perfect for spring/summer time. I will definitely be adding this to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable cover and I've heard so many great things about West's writing. I need to give her a try.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete

  17. Nice information. I’ve bookmarked your site, and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account to get updates instantly. K7 Total Security Crack

    ReplyDelete