Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: Silence Fallen

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine and is a fun way to see what books other bloggers just can't wait to get their hands on!


SILENCE FALLEN
Mercy Thompson #10
Patricia Briggs
Releases March 2017 from Ace

From Goodreads:

Attacked and abducted in her home territory, Mercy finds herself in the clutches of the most powerful vampire in the world, taken as a weapon to use against alpha werewolf Adam and the ruler of the Tri-Cities vampires. In coyote form, Mercy escapes only to find herself without money, without clothing, and alone in the heart of Europe...

Unable to contact Adam and the rest of the pack, Mercy has allies to find and enemies to fight, and she needs to figure out which is which. Ancient powers stir, and Mercy must be her agile best to avoid causing a war between vampires and werewolves, and between werewolves and werewolves. And in the heart of the ancient city of Prague, old ghosts rise...
 

MERCY AND ADAM! There will never be a time I'm not absurdly excited for a new installment in this series, as Mercy is one of my all time favorite heroines. I'm a little bummed because it sounds like she and Adam are going to be separated for most of the book and their interactions are one of the higlights of this series for me, but Mercy is more than strong enough to carry a book on her own and I'm looking forward to seeing her take Europe (and these ancient powers) by storm:)  

18 comments:

  1. Yes! I read the first chapter just the other day and you can already tell this one's going to be amazing. I'm so excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to listen to the 3rd book. I'll catch up with all of you one day. Love this cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah! That's one beautiful cover! And I need to pick up this series. Sounds like this one is going to be a little rough on Mercy but she sounds like she's badass enough to handle it and come out even stronger than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh nice! Sadly fell out of this series some years ago, but still like seeing it still running its course! Covers are always pretty awesome too! Hope you enjoy this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prague!! Oh dear, I might just have to start this series once and for all!! Great pick, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I have never read this series, but have heard good things. Hopefully one day I will find the time to pick up the first book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *cries* I need to read this series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so need to get caught up on this series but yes, this will be a must for me as well! Look at that cover, kind of makes me nervous too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeeek!!! I need to get caught up on this series, too!! Another awesome cover, too!!! I'm not sure which series I like better, though: Alpha & Omega or Mercy... Which one do you like better? Have you read A&O? :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still need to catch up on this series. I've read the first 3 books and really enjoyed them. Great pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so behind on this series but I have this one coming up on my wow as well! Great minds and all... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. This cover had me thinking it was the end of the series. I really enjoyed this series in the beginning but sort of fizzled out once the two got married. I would like to know when Charles and Anna are gonna get another book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OHMYGOSH I had no idea this cover and synopsis were out! THANK YOU, Jenny, for alerting me to this! But I'm so worried about Mercy now! This cover seems so much darker than the previous books and the same goes with that synopsis...*bites nails* I'm so excited to read this, though. I adore Mercy and Adam so thankyouthankyouthankyou for putting this solidly on my radar! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very you have looking forward to this one, especially now that I am all caught up on the series.

    ReplyDelete